Saturday, November 6, 2010

Here I go again, on my own

So, I'm once again attempting a foray into the blogosphere. Heaven only knows whether or not I will actually be able to keep up with this one, but maybe good fortune will shine a little brighter this time around. =)

In lieu of an introduction, I'm just going to tell you about my last week.

The ministry internship program I am enrolled in this year just sent half of us on a road trip to Texas. Try to immerse yourself in this image for a moment: 15 college kids in a 15-passenger van for 10 hours.

In pain yet? Me too. Ugh! My whole body still hurts from being crammed into the back row with 3 other girls. At least, I was able to pull the age card (being roughly 10 years older than any of them) and sat on the end by the aisle where I could stretch out my legs, but it was still miserable!

Besides the Gitmo-like torture of the van, however, the trip was a lot of fun! We visited 3 churches in Austin and Galveston and made some great connections. Everywhere we went, we made new friends and learned some new group games. =)

I'll check in soon with some pictures and updates on what's going on in my corner of the world.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Kari

1 comment: